我是如何爱你(伊丽莎白 · 巴雷特 · 勃朗宁)原文及正确译文

我是怎样地爱你 (勃朗宁夫人(英))

我是怎样地爱你?让我逐一细算。

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

我爱你尽我的心灵所能及到的

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

深邃、宽广、和高度--正象我探求

My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight

玄冥中上帝的存在和深厚的神恩。

For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

我爱你的程度,就象日光和烛焰下

I love thee to the level of everyday's

那每天不用说得的需要。我不加思虑地

Most quiet , by sun and candle-light

爱你,就象男子们为正义而斗争;

I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;

我纯洁地爱你,象他们在赞美前低头。

I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.

我爱你以我童年的信仰;我爱你

I love thee with the passion put to use

以满怀热情,就象往日满腔的辛酸;

In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith

我爱你,抵得上那似乎随着消失的圣者

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

而消逝的爱慕。我爱你以我终生的

With my lost saints, -- I love thee with the breath,

呼吸,微笑和泪珠--假使是上帝的

Smiles, tears,and all my life -- and, if God choose;

意旨,那么,我死了我还要更加爱你!

I shall but love thee better after death